Q: On starter removal, why would the dash have to be removed as stated in repair manual?

why is the dash panels removed as stated in repair manual

My car has an automatic transmission. 2007 gs 350

A: These steps are included in the service man...

These steps are included in the service manual because that is the procedure the engineers at Lexus expect their technicians to use to gain access to and replace the starter. They may be necessary to get to some of the fasteners or the wiring that leads to the starter. Technical service guides often include steps like these to make sure you have as much access to the part as needed to do the job correctly. Every step may not necessarily be mandatory, but that is up to the trained professional that should be doing the repair. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and perform the starter service for you if you are uncomfortable.