Q: on my 2012 Equinox my door locks inside the car will not unlock the doors anymore but they will unlock with the keyfob

If I am sitting in my car, keys removed from ignition, I can not unlock the doors with the unlock buttons. I can lock them. I can however unlock the doors with the keyfob.

The contacts in the unlock button(s) may be worn to the point where there are not working. The reason the doors unlock with the key FOB is the FOB activates the circuit without relying on those contacts. To obtain a conclusive diagnostic, the recommended service is an electrical circuit/component diagnostic. If you request that service, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. on my 2012 Equinox my door locks inside the car will not unlock the doors anymore but they will unlock with the keyfob