Q: On my car, the transmission output speed sensor isn't responding at all. What do I need to do? I've scanned it with OBD scanner 2006 Hyundai Sonata

Rough shifting not want to shift to higher gear

Hi there - excellent diagnostic work thus far! The next step is to determine if the output speed sensor is producing a signal at all, and if so, is it a valid signal, or is the wiring to the sensor the problem? This will require an oscilloscope (or possibly an AC voltmeter will work) and a factory service manual which tells you what the electrical output of this sensor should look like. Examining the wiring first is an essential check as well. For assistance, I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• On my car, the transmission output speed sensor isn't responding at all. What do I need to do? I've scanned it with OBD scanner 2006 Hyundai Sonata