Q: Q: On interstate, engine died, idled, no power

Without warning, while driving 65 mph on the interstate, the engine died to idle speed and no power. Without power and rapid deceleration, it was extremely difficult crossing 3 lanes of speeding traffic! The check engine light came on and the code P2135 - throttle position switch failed. That caused P2106 and P1295 (limp home mode). When researching I found that this is a common problem with my make/model. There are TPS throttle position sensor repair options. It replaces the defective TPS and a reflash of the ECM. I would want it claimed as a recall. It’s a potentially deadly problem! Are you familiar with this TPS information and can you advise me about it and how to get this problem fixed?

Your 2008 Kia Amanti may have the failed TPS and a reprogram of the ECM, but as far as a recall, there is not one and you cannot just have it claimed as a recall unless there is one for your car. Have your vehicle checked to see if they are under a recall by calling and talking to the local dealer. When your system has a failed part, your throttle is designed to go to closed throttle and have limited acceleration. This is a safety precaution to keep the vehicle from accelerating out of control. To have the loss of power issue diagnosed in person, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to take a look at the car and make the needed repairs.

3. Q: On interstate, engine died, idled, no power