Q: On dash bord check charging system and battery light is on

On my dash bord it says check charging system and the battery light is on my truck keep cutting off and I have to keep getting a boost I had the battery checked it was good what could the problem be

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a weak battery, a failing voltage regulator or failing alternator. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power as you have described. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.

3. On dash bord check charging system and battery light is on