Q: On a two-and-a-half hour drive, an orange Engine Light came on! Car was driving as normal with no noise!

As above

A: Hi there. If the Engine Light has come on, ...

Hi there. If the Engine Light has come on, it means that there is a problem within the powertrain that the computer has seen. I usually scan the computer for codes to see what comes up. The codes would let me know where to begin the diagnostics. It can be as easy as a bad gas cap or a bad sensor or something more serious. If you would like to have the Check Engine Light problem diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to pinpoint the problem and perform appropriate repairs.