Q: On a 2005 Kia Sedona's crankshaft sensor, I noticed there is a split in the sensor. After installing the sensor, it won't start.

After installed, it wont start.

Hello - there are two bolts on the sensor holding it to the engine. The sensor should bolt directly to the engine, with the 2 bolts providing proper alignment and positioning of the "slot." If you need additional assistance with analyzing remaining problem codes, and other potential issues, I would recommend having a car is not starting inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. On a 2005 Kia Sedona's crankshaft sensor, I noticed there is a split in the sensor. After installing the sensor, it won't start.