Q: How do you disconnect the air hoses from the intake on a 2005 Jaguar V8 ?

On a 2005 Jaguar XJ8 with V8 engine, how to separate the air hoses from the air manifold to remove the air intake manifold to do work on the engine?

You must be talking about those awful squeeze-lock connectors. They are one of those devices that looks good in theory, but stink in practice. The idea is that you should be able to pinch the ring around the connectors with your hand to unlock the hose, then pull it straight out, the hose seals with an O ring. In practice, the plastic on the squeeze ring gets brittle over time and when you try to disconnect it, it doesn’t release properly. When I have trouble with these, I order new hoses because I might have to resort to cutting the old ones off to get it apart. Be careful not to leave any fragments in the intake. If you’d like to delegate this task, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to replace your intake manifold while you go abut your regular business.

3. How do you disconnect the air hoses from the intake on a 2005 Jaguar V8 ?