Q: On a 1994 c280 the wheel stud plate is stripped. Is there any way I can fix that?

The lug bolt and stud plate is stripped. Can I just fix the stud plate or do I have to replace the whole hub? My car has an automatic transmission.

Hello, thanks for writing in. With a good tap & dye kit, you may be able to re-tap the threads. However, if this is not done properly, you run the risk of making the bolt hole too big and will have to replace the hub anyway. If you would like help replacing the hub, consider contacting YourMechanic as one of our certified technicians can come directly to your home or office to perform the replacement.

3. On a 1994 c280 the wheel stud plate is stripped. Is there any way I can fix that?