Q: Old mechanic says the rocker arm came off, charged us $520. $400 of that for labor. Car still shaking, Isn't that overpriced?

Our car was shaking and thumping so we took it to a mechanic down the street two weeks ago. He said the rocker arm came off. He claims he fixed it and charged us $520.00. $400 of that he says was for his labor and $34 of that he says was for an oil change which we did not even ask for nor knew that he did. Not even a full two weeks later and the car starts shaking and thumping again. We go back to that same mechanic and he says it wasn't the rocker at all but something attached to it and wants us to go to one of his friends down the street for it to be fixed. I believe he crooked us for $520.00 and I think I deserve a refund. Am I wrong or did he rightfully charge us?

3. Old mechanic says the rocker arm came off, charged us $520. $400 of that for labor. Car still shaking, Isn't that overpriced?