Q: okay so my opel corsa is not selecting 4th gear and aparenlety its not my linkagesthe mechanic says its my braches ....confuse?

HI i have a opel corsa i have had it for years and its been good until now ,however my 4th gear wont select and also it pre ignites sooo badly after i switch the car off ....no one is able to fix it but on the other hand the mechanic says that the problem with the selecting of the gears is everything to do with branches ....im not convinced

Hello - there may be a problem with translation on this one - "branches"? I am wondering if the mechanic meant to say that the shift fork, which is internal to the transmission, is either worn or bent in such a way that 4th gear will not engage. This would be internal to the transmission, and linkage would not be part of the problem as your mechanic advises. I would recommend having a Car is Hard to Shift Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• okay so my opel corsa is not selecting 4th gear and aparenlety its not my linkagesthe mechanic says its my braches ....confuse?