Q: Okay so I have a 1999 Ford Crown Victoria and my valve cover has a few leaks on it, and I don't have the money to buy a new cover.

I have a 1999 Ford Crown Victoria and my valve cover has a leak or a few leaks on it, and the previous owner used some gunk type of stuff that basically look like melted leaves and bugs. But I don't have the money to replace the valve cover, so I was wondering what is safe for me to use to patch the leaks after taking off the gunk that is on there? Please help.

Hi Sylvia. Thanks for contacting us today. It is very difficult for us to recommend using any aftermarket sealant - as the right repair would be to either replace the valve cover gasket or the valve cover and gasket.

3. Okay so I have a 1999 Ford Crown Victoria and my valve cover has a few leaks on it, and I don't have the money to buy a new cover.