Q: Okay last night I was driving home on the interstate and my car just completely shut off on me now no power at all

Last night at 1am I was driving home on the interstate and my car completely shut off on me while I was going 80mph and now the car won’t get any power at all and the speedometer still say 80mph and still stuck at 3000rpm idk what’s wrong

I would first check to see if there are any stored diagnostic codes. If the vehicle now re-starts but lacks power, a real time automotive scanner can be used to look at engine operating parameters and that will narrow the diagnosis. Prior to knowing whether the vehicle even starts and runs, and without having the codes in hand, one could speculate that a failure like this is due to a fuel pump failure or a major sensor failure such as a crankshaft or camshaft position sensor. Perhaps the timing belt broke. It’s also possible for a global electrical failure to occur if, say, the ignition switch contacts suddenly opened or a major fuse blew. If the alternator was failing, the battery might have slowly discharged and that will eventually cause a total shutdown, too. Whatever the cause, if you request a check engine light diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get your car started and running as it should. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Okay last night I was driving home on the interstate and my car just completely shut off on me now no power at all