Q: ok i replaced my upper intake manifold and ever since i did that i cant get rid of my motor idealing at a very high rpm

ok i replaced my upper intake manifold and ever since i did that i cant get rid of my motor idealing at a very high rpm

You may have a major vacuum leak from a poorly installed gasket or rubber seal. Check to make sure the throttle body seal is not out of position. The idle is high due to excessive amounts of air getting into the engine after the throttle body somewhere. You can use a rubber hose or similar tool to hear where the leak is located it so you can repair it. It may just be a loose hose from the brake booster to the intake. If you need help with this, feel free to contact a mechanic who can diagnose your high idle symptoms in person and fix the problem for you.

• ok i replaced my upper intake manifold and ever since i did that i cant get rid of my motor idealing at a very high rpm