Q: Oil usage on new Jetta

I have a new 2015 VW Jetta S manual transmission. I have used more than half of the oil at 11,000 miles. Is that normal?

A: If you are meaning that you have gone 11,00...

If you are meaning that you have gone 11,000 miles without changing the oil, then yes that is very normal. Most manufacturers recommend changing the oil between 3,000 and 5,000 miles. I would recommend getting an oil change immediately as engine damage may result from neglecting to perform basic maintenance. If an oil change is not possible at the moment, have some oil added at least, as running an engine low on oil can also cause engine damage. For your convenience, YourMechanic has professionals who can come to you at home or work to perform services just like this one.