Q: Q: oil type

My 2006 F-150 5.4 has 152,000 miles. What oil should I be using? It's using a quart + every 5000 miles. Engine is still strong, I do have a slight tapping noise coming from the front of passenger side valve cover. I'm running a edge chip (towing mode) have had the timing chain tensioners replaced, and I installed new coils. Plugs have also been replaced.

You should only run the 5w20 oil in this engine. The oil passages in the camshafts are pretty small and can reduce flow if anything thicker is used. You should only try using good quality oil that is synthetic. If you are using less than a quart every 1000 miles then do not worry. You are getting almost 5000 per quart.

If you’d like to have the oil change done for you with the correct oil, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this service for you.