Q: Oil spark plug issue 1989 Honda Civic

I have the oil leaking into my spark plugs in my 89 honda civic it will start when i get up for work but if i turn it off after 30 mins and go in and out it wont start but if I wait a hour its fine. Also dies if idling for a while then doesn't start but once again if I wait a hour its good

Hi there - to be sure, oil leaking down onto the plugs from a bad valve cover gasket will cause misfire and hard start/no start problems. It is also possible you have a failing ignition module or coil that has "heat soak" problems (i.e. when it gets hot, there is an electrical fault). I recommend a valve cover gasket replacement to eliminate the on-going oil leak problem, and a "no start" inspection to look at deeper problems, performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Oil spark plug issue 1989 Honda Civic