Q: Oil spark plug issue 1989 Honda Civic

I have the oil leaking into my spark plugs in my 89 honda civic it will start when i get up for work but if i turn it off after 30 mins and go in and out it wont start but if I wait a hour its fine. Also dies if idling for a while then doesn't start but once again if I wait a hour its good

Hi there - to be sure, oil leaking down onto the plugs from a bad valve cover gasket will cause misfire and hard start/no start problems. It is also possible you have a failing ignition module or coil that has "heat soak" problems (i.e. when it gets hot, there is an electrical fault). I recommend a valve cover gasket replacement to eliminate the on-going oil leak problem, and a "no start" inspection to look at deeper problems, performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.