Q: Oil sending unit life

About a month ago I was heading home on the highway and my oil light came on, so I called my father and he said to pull over and check the oil and all. I did and added a quart just in case and everything still checked out okay except for the light. I ended up having it towed to the shop and they changed the oil to no avail and the next day they changed the oil sending unit. That fixed the problem until Christmas day when the oil light came back on. Could it be the oil sending unit again or could it be something more serious like the computer or something?

It may be possible that the oil pressure sending unit is bad or the connection is bad. The oil pressure should be checked to make sure the oil pressure is within specifications. If the pressure stays in specified range then check sensor connector and replace sensor again. It may be possible the sensor is not reading the pressure correctly turning on the light.

3. Oil sending unit life