Q: Oil sending and temp sending not working

I took my car to the dealership and had a new 305 put in it it had a 3:05 they put in the old sending unit and the old oil sending unit both of them and now neither one works but they worked when I took it in so they said they discontinued the oil sending and the water sending units in 98 in the 2002 block for some reason like my hook up the other ones the wiring hookups are different I haven't changed any wiring it's all Factory

A: I would recommend installing new oil and wa...

I would recommend installing new oil and water temperature sending units specific to the era of the new generation motor you had installed.

If the wiring hookups are different on the new ones, I would suggest wiring in the hookups from the new units into the factory wiring you already have in place as this should cause the least amount of potential for grounding and shorting problems.

If you don't want to go the dealer route, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come diagnose the electrical issue and help you make the necessary repairs.