Q: Oil pressure reading high

My oil pressure is around 40 when the engine is not cranked. Around 60 to 80 when running . Is this the oil pressure sensor faulty ?

Hi There, If you are referring to the fact that the oil pressure is at 40 psi when the engine is off, this would indicate that the oil pressure sensor is not working properly. The oil pressure should read ~40 psi when the engine is idling and around 60 psi when under power. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your oil pressure switch.

3. Oil pressure reading high