Q: Oil pressure high on starting truck

The oil pressure gauge is a bit high when starting my truck, but then goes down. However, each time I am driving and ease on the accelerator, the gauge rises, so I push more on the accelerator. What is causing this and can I fix it myself?

A: Hello. There could be a problem with the oi...

Hello. There could be a problem with the oil pressure sensor giving false readings. It is also possible that the oil pump is starting to fail and sending false readings to the oil pressure sensor. Unless you have experience with mechanic work, it would be a good idea to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, replace the oil pressure sensor and/or the oil pump. YourMechanic technicians are mobile and can inspect and repair your vehicle at your home or office.