Q: Oil pressure going down

My car is loosing oil pressure when I accelerate hard. I think I need to change the oil pump.

If your truck only does this when accelerating, then it may be a bad oil pump or a clogged oil pump pick up. It can also be caused by a bad oil filter. If the oil filter is clogged or broken down internally then this will occur. I would change the oil and install a new quality oil filter. If that does not help then I would check the oil pressure with a manual gauge to see if the pump is failing. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to provide an oil and filter service.

3. Oil pressure going down