Q: Q: Oil pressure gauge reading high

Oil pressure at 80psi. I checked the the oil and was 3 qts low. I changed the oil, and filter, also reset oil life sensor, and its still high. What's my next step?

Hello, thanks for writing in. There are two common issues that will cause this to occur on your vehicle. The most common is the oil pressure sensor. The sensor itself fails internally and the reading defaults to this reading. If the sensor is fine then the problem is with the gauge. The motors that run the gauges on this instrument cluster tend to fail and cause this. I always test the sensor first and then move to the cluster if the sensor is fine. If you want to have your oil pressure issue checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Q: Oil pressure gauge reading high