Q: Oil pan removal / replacement

I have 1998 mercedes e300 that I've put hole in oil pan. I need to remove oil pan and replace it. Can I remove oil pan by removing sway bay and unscrewing 6 bolts. It looks easy to get too (highly visible). Are there any more steps too it.

The oil pan in your E300 is a two part oil pan and you are looking at the lower pan part. If this is the part that is damaged then you can get it out by disconnecting the motor mounts and lifting the motor to allow the lower pan to clear. You could try it by lowering the sway bar for the lower pan before lifting engine. If you feel like this job is over your head, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, help you with the replacement of your oil pan. Best of luck.

3. Oil pan removal / replacement