Q: Q: Oil Pan Leak

Hello,

I have a slow drip coming from my oil pan. I am looking to use a sealant product to help either rejuvenate the current gasket, or seal the leak coming from the pan. Do you have any suggestions as to what kind of sealants I can use? I'm hoping that I wont have to remove the pan, rather just apply the sealant to the current cover.

Thanks!

Be sure the leak is really from the oil pan gasket versus, say, the front or rear crankshaft oil seals (oil leaks at the front seal are common) or the oil pressure sending unit. If the pan gasket is the origin of the leak, the only GM recognized repair is to replace the gasket. There are no "sealants" that will resolve the leak and the OEM manufacturers always recommend against the use of such aftermarket products. As an interim measure, you can try torquing the pan bolts to the OEM spec., in case they are loose. If you desire, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, can perform an oil leak diagnostic, pinpoint the origin of the leak, and then let you know of your repair options and costs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Q: Oil Pan Leak