Q: Oil pan and oil gage trouble

I have a rubber plug in the drain of oil pan and stores won't change oil because of it..and when I put on breaks the gage drops down then goes up when I release break

Hi There, It sounds like you may have low oil pressure as a result of insufficient oil in your oil pan. When this happens, the oil pump may not be able to pump the necessary amount of oil through the motor resulting in the low oil pressure causing your oil pressure gauge to drop. I would recommend also having your oil pan drain plug to the proper metal plug to avoid potentially leaking oil. You may want to consider having one of our professionals from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your oil pressure problem and replace your drain plug with the correct one.

3. Oil pan and oil gage trouble