Q: Oil on the left side of engine , don't know where it's coming from . Oil levels on dip stick normal .

There is sludge around the dip stick . Cannot seem to find where the oil is coming from

Hi there. Based on your description, it sounds like it could a dipstick o ring that may be leaking. If the oil is covering a more expansive area on the side of the engine, there are various other seals and gaskets that may need to be checked. A good visual inspection followed by cleaning and adding dye will usually uncover the source of the leak(s). I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an oil leak inspection.

3. Oil on the left side of engine , don't know where it's coming from . Oil levels on dip stick normal .