Q: Oil on the left side of engine , don't know where it's coming from . Oil levels on dip stick normal .

There is sludge around the dip stick . Cannot seem to find where the oil is coming from

Hi there. Based on your description, it sounds like it could a dipstick o ring that may be leaking. If the oil is covering a more expansive area on the side of the engine, there are various other seals and gaskets that may need to be checked. A good visual inspection followed by cleaning and adding dye will usually uncover the source of the leak(s). I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an oil leak inspection.

• Oil on the left side of engine , don't know where it's coming from . Oil levels on dip stick normal .