Q: Oil on hood release

When I pulled the hood release inside my car it was saturated with motor oil. And has dripped a puddle the size of half dollar . Replaced the donut gasket manifold few months ago and it's already blew it again. Front seal 5 months ago

If a gasket was recently leaking motor oil and it is now leaking oil again, the best option would be to reattempt the repair with a new gasket and clean the mating surfaces of the two parts a little better the second time around. For best results, have the oil leak diagnose and replace the gaskets as necessary by a qualified mechanic such as one from YourMechanic.

Sometimes when gaskets get replaced they fall out of place during the reinstallation of the part. This may go unnoticed by the person who is replacing the gasket and if so will certainly cause a leak to happen again. The best thing to do is retrace your steps and take it back apart to determine why the oil is leaking.

3. Oil on hood release