Q: oil light on off

My car has 140,000 miles on it. I drove it 2000 miles with no problems. Then I've been driving it every other day for a week and then the oil light started to blink on and off. I have checked my oil and it's full. Could the problem be the oil sensor?

Hello. Since the oil light is coming on, I would check the oil pressure first with a manual oil pressure gauge. If the pressure is low on the gauge, then it may need an oil pump. If the pressure is fine, then it is usually the oil pressure sensor, though it can be the gauge also. I recommend having a trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to diagnose the Oil Light so that this can be resolved correctly.

3. oil light on off