Q: Oil light on and off.

My oil light came on and O'Reillys suggested I use 5W-30 oil. So I added 1 quart of oil. 2 days later the light came on again. Flashing at times. Went I went to leave work it didn't come on at all. What is making the light come on if there is plenty of oil in it already.

Hi There! This light will usually come on when one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. I would recommend first, to check the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.