Q: Oil leaking from oil pan in 1999 Ford-150

I have 1999 Ford F-150 and it's leaking oil from the oil pan. Do I need a new gasket or a new pan and gasket?

A: You have to figure out where it’s leaking f...

You have to figure out where it’s leaking from. Look at that video that I showed before, "finding and fixing car oil leaks" with a UV leak dye. If it’s just leaking around the seam, you need a new gasket. If there are dings and holes and the leak is coming from the bottom or side work, you’re going to need a pan and a gasket. Just check it closely. The only time you need a new pan is if something hit it and knocked a hole in it, because they don’t wear, they just sit there. And only rocks and stuff can make holes in them. So normally, you just need a new gasket. If you need to have this looked at by a professional, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to detect the leak and make the needed repairs.