Q: Oil leakage in front of the engine

slow leak that accumulates all over the front of engine. have removed front of car and timing belt covers. oil all over especially the cam shaft pulleys. removed pulley plugs and found damaged o ring and seal gland. i can take pics. 2003 audi a6 3.0

Unfortunately, oil leaks in car engines are inevitable given the passage of enough years. It’s been said that any rubber product older than six years is basically no good. You got 13 years service so that’s pretty good. It is best to replace as many oil seals as are accessible because once a mechanic is there it is more economical to do multiple seals at one time if the engine is already opened up. In addition to the camshaft seals and the crankshaft oil seal, the recommended list would include the valve cover gasket as well as the valve stem oil seals The valve stem oil seals inevitably create internal leaks which results in burning oil. You can schedule an oil leak inspection with YourMechanic at which time you can get an estimate of the total number of seals and/or gaskets that are leaking or should be replaced.