Q: oil leak from under the oil pan.

first i could smell some oil burning within the car, then sometimes outside,then i noticed the oil leaks on my driveway, then i got the oil replaced with 10w 30 grade, the mechanic said they will have to change the oil pan or the oil pan gasket, and quoted me $300. i havent yet figured out how fast the oil drains. i also have an alignment issue car steering to the right. Is it worth the fix( these are the known issues). and how much would it all cost together ?

A: Hi there: The oil pan gasket can wear out ...

Hi there:

The oil pan gasket can wear out overtime, but if the mechanic quoted to you that the oil pan needs to be replaced, it's most likely due to it hitting something and being damaged. You might want to have one of our professional mechanics come to your home or work to complete an oil fluid leak inspection; to receive a second opinion on whether or not it needs to be replaced. In regards to the front end alignment, this is something that should be done at a certified suspension repair facility; it's not a service that mobile mechanics should complete.