Q: Oil leak from bad gasket.

I have a small oil leak. The mechanic who changed the transmission fluid said it was a bad gasket on the oil pan. That's where it appears, as the drip comes off of the oil pan.

A: Oil will always gravitate to the lowest poi...

Oil will always gravitate to the lowest point on your engine. Your engine may have oil leaks from the valve cover or intake manifold and leaking down. You would have to get the oil leaks on top fixed and then work down after checking for more leaks after each repair. My recommendation is to have oil dye put into the engine and after about a week of running the engine have the leak identified with a black light leak detector. Then the leak can be identified and fixed.