Q: oil leak

There was a slight residue oil leak on the bottom side of my r320 mercedes.

It's definately a slow, slow leak.

I don't know if its coming from somewhere higher up and running down the back of the HG.

not sure wat it is.

aside from that, no check engine light is n, car runs excellently perfect.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

There are quite a few oil seals and gaskets on your engine and so the exact source(s) of the leak would have to be pinpointed during an oil leak diagnostic. If you do have oil leaks, as many leaks as possible should be repaired because leaking oil can damage external engine components such as rubber motor mounts. Also, if oil is leaking onto a hot exhaust manifold that can create unhealthy fumes (as the oil burns off) and is also a fire hazard. If you want the sources of the oil leaks identified and the repair estimated, simply request an oil leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.