Q: Oil leak

My car is leaking oil and when you look under the car, you can see oil all over the place. Could that have anything to do with seals behind the timing belt?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I would say no, ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I would say no, because your timing belt is internal. Oil leaks on the outside of the engine are generally usually due to the valve cover gasket, oil pan, rear main seal, or front main seal. I hope this helps. If you would like more help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this leak for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.