Q: Q: oil is leaking

Oil pan gasket leaking: Valve cover gasket leaking:

But is charging 700 and 1700 for that Is it a serious issue?

Unfortunately, the oil leaks are only going to get worse over time. The major leak you would want to address would be the valve cover gasket. These are known to leak along the half moons at the rear of the cylinder head due to the rubber gasket hardening over time. In fact, it may be possible that the valve cover leak is traveling down the engine and making the oil pan appear to be leaking. You may want to get a second diagnosis of the leak, but most definitely, if the valve cover is leaking it will only get worse as time progresses and cause other issues.

3. Q: oil is leaking