Q: Oil in the coolant tank, what are the possible causes please. What logical method of fault finding can I use to source the leak.

My 2005 CLK-350 has Oil in the coolant tank, what are the possible causes please. What logical method of fault finding can I use to source the leak.

A: The transmission oil cooler is inside of th...

The transmission oil cooler is inside of the radiator and it may be leaking internally. If this is the case, you would need to replace the radiator and flush out the cooling system. If you’d like to get this fixed, have the leak pinpointed by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that way an accurate repair can be made.