Q: Oil filter housing leak affect turbos?

Throwing p112f code but there's also a oil filter housing leak, I've diagnosed that much but the turbos cut in and out. I've checked the vacuums for leaks, hoses are in fair condition no holes. The turbos whistle. Could the turbos be affected by the leak? What else could make the turbos? What else can I check for the turbos?

Hello. P112F is the trouble code for "Manifold Absolute Pressure to Throttle Angle - Too High (Bank 1)." If the computer detects that the ratio between the throttle and manifold absolute pressure readings is too high it will set off the check engine light to notify the driver of the issue. In most cases this code is set off by a faulty manifold absolute pressure sensor or throttlebody. If the signal from either of these components is compromised it can set off the light. This may also be affecting the performance of the turbos, as the turbos rely on smooth engine operate to function properly. You also mention that there is an oil leak, and that the turbos are whistling. Turbos use oil to lubricate and cool the impeller shaft and bearings. In some cases, oil leaks may cause a drop or compromise in oil pressure, which may affect the oil supply to the turbos. If the turbos run low on oil they may become noisy, and if run continuously may even be susceptible to damage. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location, to diagnose the cause of the check engine light, and see if it may or may not be related to your turbo issue.

3. Oil filter housing leak affect turbos?