Q: Oil dripping from somewhere

A while after my last oil change, I noticed a bit of oil near the inside of the driver's side front tire. The drip keeps happening, but I haven't seen any drop in my fluid levels. The dealership told me they couldn't find a leak after a few hours of looking. Last year, the VVT I line was replaced, so I made sure to ask them about that. The dealer said that bit was dry too. The only thing they can come up with is a possible drip left over from some spill during the last oil change. I'm still seeing the drip. Is this a common problem after an oil change, or is it possible I have a more serious problem?

The oil leak could have been a spill from the last oil change. If so, it will leak until the oil is gone. I recommend having oil leak dye put in the engine, by doing so the oil leak can be identified with a black light. This will locate the leak and then a repair can be done.

I think it may be from the oil filter since it is in that area. If you need help with this, contact a certified mechanic who can pinpoint the oil leak and fix it as necessary.