Q: Oil draining when I start my car.

Yesterday I came outside & noticed I had a huge oil stain under the passenger front side of car. I popes my hood & checked my fluids, I was okay on everything except motor oil. It was dry. So I put a quart in a half in. When I started car to check transmission fluid all my oil that I just put in motor came pouring out. There was a huge oil spot on ground. I was told it could be a plug or seal. Well I need it to be fixed I have to get to work.... can you tell me what you think the problem sounds like & maybe how much it'll be? Please

A: If this is a sudden and unexpected problem,...

If this is a sudden and unexpected problem, then your oil filter may have a leak or has become loose. The vehicle will have to be checked in person by a mechanic to see if it is just a leaking oil filter, which is usually a straightforward replacement, or if you have a more major problem like an oil pressure sender or seal is bad. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can visit your home or office to inspect the cause of the leak.