Q: Oil dip stick

The plastic top of the oil dip stick has broke off. How do I get my dip stick out

3. Oil dip stick

Q: I can hear a rattling noise under my hood close to the outside of the motor

Hey there. I would not expect anything in or around the oil pan itself to make rattling noises that might be considered musical. Heat shields for exhaust manifolds and other metal brackets and shielding can make lots of rattling noises,...

Q: Can i remove oil pan from 05 CTS 2.8 without pulling motor ?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The engine will need to at least be partially removed from the vehicle in order to remove the pan. You have to compensate for the oil pick up tube at the bottom of the...

Q: 2002 prerunner what do i use to seal oil pan,3.4

Hi there - I believe the OEM gasket is a cork/rubber mix. Silicon RTV sealant is a popular substitute, although I tend to the school of "if it came with a gasket, it was probably needed, and should be reinstalled...