Q: Oil dip stick

The plastic top of the oil dip stick has broke off. How do I get my dip stick out

3. Oil dip stick

Q: THe oil pan rusted and is leaking. The mechanic says cost is approx. $750 to replace it. Is that a fair price??

Without knowing what the local labor rate is the prices you got are not out of line with book pricing to do this repair. The oil pan on this engine is mad from a thin metal and rusted from the...

Q: How long does it take to change out an oil pan gasket on a 2004 chevy blazer? Why is it so expensive when the gasket is vheap part

Hello. The procedure for this vehicle could be considered labor intensive in comparison to other vehicles. Replacing an oil pan gasket for your vehicle requires that the transmission be separated from the engine in order to remove and install a...

Q: Slow leak in oil pan

Hello. Resealing an oil pan is not an easy job for someone who is not an experienced technician. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and replace the oil pan gasket.