Q: Oil dip stick

The plastic top of the oil dip stick has broke off. How do I get my dip stick out

3. Oil dip stick

Q: Oil pan leaking and smoking

Oil leaks are common especially as vehicles get older. The smoke you see/smell is from the oil falling on hot metal from the engine running. As the oil burns off you see the smoke and get the odor. Once we...

Q: Exhaust pipe oil leak

The oil pan may appear wet, but the leak may be running down from a higher place on the engine. The valve cover gaskets or camshaft seals may also be leaking down. Washing down the engine and adding U/V dye...

Q: If you have to add oil all the time and there is no oil puddle left on the ground but the dealer suggests an oil pan gasket leak h

Hi there: On any engine that has issues with loose or damaged internal components, such as valve guides or piston rings, going through oil frequently is commonplace. If the oil pan gasket is leaking, it may be burning on exhaust...