Q: Oil Changes

I purchased this Camry 2 months ago with 186 k miles. I am using it as a commercial courier vehicle. I drive 460 miles per day - 6 days a week. All interstate driving. I'm changing the oil every 5 k miles with the recommended 5W-30. Since I'm putting 10 k miles per month on the vehicle, should I switch to a synthetic oil? Thanks.

A: You could use synthetic oil and extend your...

You could use synthetic oil and extend your miles between changes if you want, however I do not think you will be saving any money unless you drive twice as many miles between changes.

So should you change to synthetic oil? I would only say so if it was more of a cost saving, by extending the time and miles between changes. If it saves you money then go for it.