Q: Oil burning, window, and alignment issues

My engine is burning oil to the point I have to refill it every week.I think the rings might be loose, or maybe something else.Also, the wire that holds the window in the door needs to be replaced as it holds it constantly in the closed position. Finally, my car is pulling to the sides, so I think my tires need to be checked.

A: Hi there. Oil consumption can vary and is v...

Hi there. Oil consumption can vary and is vehicle specific. If you’re having to add a quart of oil every week, this means that there is an oil leak or abnormal oil consumption. The wire in the vehicle’s door panel is unlikely the issue for your window not working. This can point towards a faulty window motor, a window that’s off it’s track, or a master switch malfunction. If your vehicle is pulling side to side this can be due to worn out steering components and/or misalignment. I’d suggest having a certified mechanic take a closer look at your vehicle to have all of the issues diagnosed appropriately.