Q: OD light flashes and shifts hard when outside is hot

The OD.flashes and shifts hard when outside temperatures are warmer

A: There were problems with the transmission v...

There were problems with the transmission valve body on this model, causing incorrect hydraulic pressures and harsh shifting as you have experienced. Technical Service Bulletin # TSB 03-22-10 should be the most recent guidance your Ford service center will have on this issue. If you'd like more information about how to use Technical Service Bulletins (TSB), you can read more about them here. Alternately, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location to perform a car is hard to shift inspection.