Q: Ocassional stalling problem

My car has a 5-speed manual transmission. When I engage the clutch and am about to bring the car to a halt, it would stall out occasionally. It doesn't stall all the time, but when it does, I am able to turn it back on right away without any problems and it would run okay. I had it tuned up. The only thing is that the clutch fluid cap couldn't come off. What could cause my car to stall like this?

A: Hello. There are several reasons this could...

Hello. There are several reasons this could be happening. There could be a problem with the clutch not engaging properly when you are coming to a stop.This could be caused by a faulty slave cylinder or a faulty clutch master cylinder. Also, the clutch itself could be wearing out. Another possibility is that you have a faulty or dirty mass airflow sensor, faulty throttle position sensor, or faulty idle air control valve. Any or all of these things could cause a stalling issue. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection and diagnosis in order to pinpoint your stalling problem and make the necessary repair.