Q: Ocassional stalling problem

My car has a 5-speed manual transmission. When I engage the clutch and am about to bring the car to a halt, it would stall out occasionally. It doesn't stall all the time, but when it does, I am able to turn it back on right away without any problems and it would run okay. I had it tuned up. The only thing is that the clutch fluid cap couldn't come off. What could cause my car to stall like this?

Hello. There are several reasons this could be happening. There could be a problem with the clutch not engaging properly when you are coming to a stop.This could be caused by a faulty slave cylinder or a faulty clutch master cylinder. Also, the clutch itself could be wearing out. Another possibility is that you have a faulty or dirty mass airflow sensor, faulty throttle position sensor, or faulty idle air control valve. Any or all of these things could cause a stalling issue. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection and diagnosis in order to pinpoint your stalling problem and make the necessary repair.