Q: OBD II monitor not ready

The OBD II monitor has not been ready for 3,000 miles. I am not sure what is wrong, but I think it might be a sensor.

Hi! Your BMW has a timing element for certain functions on the Engine Control Module that can be read by the OBD II scanner. BMW has their own special scanner that resets certain things like oil change, emission inspection, and other items depending on the accessories installed. Other items should still be readable both with the engine off, and also while driving. If you have no readings at all, it is advisable to take your BMW to a qualified technician to diagnose the problems surrounding your Engine Control Module. Be sure to tell them that there is no OBD II readout when you book your appointment.

3. OBD II monitor not ready