Q: O ring

So my car burns oil and also has lost a lot of power and smokes when I accelerate hard or when I start it, the smokes white, what could this be from and is the problem going to cause more problems

A: The loss of power could mean many things, h...

The loss of power could mean many things, however the loss of power combined with white smoke and burning oil is a sign of a blown head gasket.

The white smoke is usually an indication that the oil is leaking into (by way of a burnt head gasket) the combustion chamber and being ignited with the fuel charge. As it is burnt, it produces a white smoke.

The loss of power is usually a loss of compression which is usually a result of the blown head gasket not sealing off the combustion chamber tightly.

I would recommend having a certified expert, such as one from from Your Mechanic, come to your home to diagnose your loss of power and white smoke for an accurate repair.