Q: Now is the brake dust on my rims just as hazardous as the amount in the brake assembly

Now is the brake dust on my rims just as hazardous as the amount in the brake assembly

The brakes on vehicles made in the last 20 years do not have asbestos in them anymore. The brake dust is still very fine dust and should not be inhaled in. The materials used in today’s brakes do not have asbestos but who knows if 20 years from now someone comes out and shows they contain something that is harmful for us to breath in. You should always use soap and water to wash off the dust and never use compressed air to blow them off.

3. Now is the brake dust on my rims just as hazardous as the amount in the brake assembly