Q: Not turning over

I replacedspark plugs and wires. battery.alternator.starter fuel filter oil change and air filter.fuel pump.I took a trip to Maryland and a light came on that says random misfiring cylinder before I changed all of the parts but it still does not turn over and start reliably most of the time it cranks and revs till the battery dies what's my problem?

Hi there. I am a little confused by what’s going on with your GMC based on the info supplied. If your engine is cranking over (meaning the starter is spinning when you turn the ignition) but not igniting, it’s likely that you have either a fuel system or ignition system component that is damaged. It’s very possible that a crankshaft position sensor is faulty. If however, you’re not able to crank the engine over, the problem is with the ignition relay, or the starter itself. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection so they can pinpoint what’s causing your issues.

3. Not turning over